Saturday, July 11, 2009

Old Is Gold

Reading an old book on photography - "Using Your Compact Camera" where compact = film camera, not a modern point and shoot digital - to pass the time. It's really quite interesting and useful, if only I can memorise the rules. With no more photographer boyfriend, it's time for me to step up to the plate. The room isn't moving at all, so might have to wait till year end... or something =.=

Pretty tempted to get one of those colourful cotton scarves but nothing special has caught my eye. I unearthed a cool pair of retro shades some time back when rummaging through my mom's junk. They're round, tortoise-shell, wire-rimmed, wide-spaced frames. Perfect!


Mother's brandless vintage shades, now MINE (:



I would colour in my pictures digitally except it's too much effort without a tablet. My favourite online editor = Picnik. Recommended it to my friends and they love it too. Meanwhile, I shall stick to Google's Picasa for simple cropping and tweaking and MS Paint for resizing. Suffices, right? So pleased with the above image. My shades had all of a 5 minute photoshoot&shop to nail that covershot. Hehe. It's a wrap!

We're grandma-sitting for my aunt today. And then it's off to Ice Age 3! Non-3D, unfortch. But I don't mind. Escapism for 10 bucks.

I think I'm almost ready to let go.
xoxo

No comments: